Duration: 3 years
Study Mode: Lectures & Tutorials
Delivery Method: Clinical Placements
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAMME
Nursing is an integral part of the healthcare team and are professionals that are in great demand worldwide. Highly skilled graduate nurses can seek employment both locally and abroad. The Diploma in Nursing course offered by Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care College has been designed to provide graduates with the knowledge, skill and competence required to be a confident and caring nurse.
The course prepares graduates for the challenges of the healthcare industry, comprising the nursing sciences, health sciences and behavioral sciences. Students will experience learning through classes, laboratory work and via clinical placements. For their clinical competencies, students will be posted to hospitals such as those owned by the Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care Group to enable them to nurse patients with general conditions and diseases.
They will also experience nursing in the community and in mental health institutions. The students will be supervised, guided and mentored by experienced and committed lecturers at the college and by competent and dedicated clinical instructors in the clinical areas.
- Deliver customer-focused nursing care.
- Effectively plan and provide therapeutic nursing care for culturally diverse individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Make sound clinical judgments based on evidence-based practices and theories using critical thinking and ethical decision making.
- Demonstrate collaboration with peers, patients, healthcare professionals and others within the healthcare teams in the process of the planning, delegating, implementing and evaluating care.
- Communicate with clarity and sensitivity using a variety of methods.
- Demonstrate accountability for professional growth and continuing education and be recognised regionally for their competence and professionalism .
|4||MQA Compulsory Components||
|CLINICAL NURSING||NURSING ADMINISTRATION||NURSING EDUCATION|
|PhD||Independent Nurse Practitioner||Director of Nursing||Dean/Professor|
|Master||Nursing Educator/ Consultant||Chief Nursing Officer/ Matron||Senior Lecturer/ HOD|
|BSc in Nursing||Clinical Nurse Specialist||Nurse Manager/ Nursing Administrator||Lecturer|
||-Assistant nurse Manager/ Duty Supervisor||