Duration: 3 Years
Study Mode: Lectures & Tutorials
Delivery Method: Clinical Placements
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAMME
A physiotherapist works as a member of the healthcare team treating clients that may range from small babies to the frail elderly. The profession focuses on human movement as being central to the health and well-being of individuals. Their primary focus is to resolve pain, stabilize injury and prevent it from increasing.
The Physiotherapy Programme encompasses comprehensive learning with emphasis on “hands on” practice and clinical placements in accredited hospitals such as The Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care Group of Hospitals. The students will undergo specially designed clinical placements which exceeds the 1000 hours requirement by the World Confederation of Physiotherapy. The students learn to treat patient holistically while minimising risks, ensure patient safety at all times, and working within a legal and ethical framework.
- Demonstrate customer focused delivery of healthcare
- Critically assess the patients to set up effective treatment plan and carry out appropriate therapy including re-evolution
- Demonstrate collaboration with patients, care givers, peers and health-care team in the planning, delegating, implementing and evaluating care.
- Maximize patient outcomes using effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate accountability to professional growth and continual education.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Anatomy & Physiology I & II||Electrotherapy I & II||Neurology III|
|Applied anatomy||Musculoskeletal I & III||Paediatrics|
|Behavioral sciences I & II||Cardiorespiratory I & II||Geriatrics|
|English and Introduction to information technology||Introduction to Healthcare I||Women’s health|
|Movement therapy||Neurology I & II||Occupational health|
|Electrotherapy I||–||Physiotherapy in sports injuries|
|Introduction to Healthcare I||–||–|
|Personal & professional development|
|Islamic studies/Moral studies|
- Undergraduate degree
- Postgraduate degree
- Healthcare administration
- RESEARCH DOCTORATE
|PUBLIC & PRIVATE HOSPITALS||OTHER AREAS||SELF EMPLOYED|