OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The Diploma in Healthcare Service is a three (3) year programme that aims to provide competencies and present opportunities for graduates to make a difference to the health and well being of future generations in terms of how healthcare services are delivered and managed.
This one of a kind programme paves the way for blending hospitality with healthcare and transforming customer services in the healthcare industry through a curriculum designed solely to meet the hospitality needs of the industry in line with changing customer requirements and escalating focus on medical tourism.
The Healthcare Industry is one of the fastest creators of employment. There is a need for educated and trained people who can be counted on to deliver the highest quality of services.
This programme is uniquely designed to equip graduates with a broad spectrum of knowledge, concepts and skills of healthcare hospitality services, health sciences and information technology. The programme focuses on hospitality needs of the healthcare industry which include customer services and feedback management, travel and medical tourism, logistics, medical records, bed board management, event planning as well as related business areas.
Students will develop their analytical thinking and leadership skills, as well as customer management skills which include the management of international patients. The programme also equips students with knowledge and usage of information technology in the healthcare industry, to apply basic principles of revenue management in a front office setting and demonstrate the management of front line process in a hospital via six months industrial placement during the final semester.
- Students will develop their analytical thinking and leadership skills.
- Customer management skills including management of international patients.
- Knowledge and usage of information technology in the healthcare industry.
- Apply basic principles of revenue management in front office setting.
- Demonstrate the management of front line process in a hospital via six months industrial placement which gives hands on expertise in a healthcare setting.