Duration: 3 Years
Study Mode: Lectures & Tutorials
Delivery Method: Clinical Placements
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology provides an academic background and the technical skills necessary to enter the health care system as a practicing medical laboratory technician. Students will gain educational experiences and knowledge to develop critical thinking, technical and interpersonal skills to be a successful clinical laboratory scientist. The programme also integrates knowledge gained from general education, health science and clinical laboratory science so that students, as future lab technicians, will exercise good judgment, ethics and appropriate decision-making abilities to serve the needs of the community and the health profession.
- Demonstrate customer-focused delivery of healthcare.
- Be equipped with the knowledge and skills to process and perform analysis on variety of specimens in the various disciplines of medical laboratory technology.
- Analyze results and provide information rapidly and accurately to doctors for medical diagnosis and the treatment and prevention of disease in patients.
- Make sound clinical judgments based on evidence based practices and related theories using critical thinking and ethical decision-making.
- Demonstrate collaboration with peers, patients, healthcare professionals and others within the healthcare teams.
- Communicate with clarity and sensitivity using a variety of methods.
- Demonstrate accountability for professional growth and continuing education.
|-Basic Chemistry||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Anatomy and Physiology|
|-Lab Math and Biostatistics|
|-Lab Techniques 1|
|-Lab Techniques 2|
|-Clinical Chemistry 1|
|-Cell Biology and Genetics||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Clinical Chemistry 2|
|-Medical Mircobiology 1|
|-Clinical Chemistry 3||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Medical Microbiology 2|
|-Medical Parasitology 1|
|-Blood Transfusion 1|
|-Medical Microbiology 3||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Medical Parasitology 2|
|-Blood Transfusion 2|
|-Principles of Lab Practice|
|-LAN: Bahasa Kebangsaan A|
|LAN: Malaysian||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|Lab Skills Practice:|
|LAN : Islamic Studies/ Moral Studies||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|Lab Skills Practice :|
|POST DIPLOMA COURSES|
|EEG , EEC||Cytology|
|MLT Specialist||ESH Officer|
|Biomedical Science||Health Science|
|MEDICAL LAB TECHNOLOGIST||BUSINESS|
|Government Hospital||Product Specialist/Consultant|
|Private Hospitals||Marketing/Business Development|
|Clinical Diagnostic Labs||Application Specialist|
|INDUSTRIAL||EDUCATION & RESEARCH|