Duration: 3 Years
Study Mode: Lectures & Tutorials
Delivery Method: Clinical Placements
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
Medical Assistants, also known as Assistant Medical Officers (AMO), work closely with Medical Officers in most units in a hospital. Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care College offers a three (3) year Diploma in Medical Assistant, which enables students to realise their dreams in pursuing a career in a healthcare setting.
Students are trained in the areas of basic medical sciences and professional modules such as medicine, emergency medicine, surgery, public health, pharmacology, behavioural science and nursing. The students will experience learning in the classroom, practical sessions, hands-on activities combines with student self-directed learning. The students undergo clinical placements to enhance the clinical knowledge and competencies as well as skills in the major areas of medical, surgical, emergency and many others.
- All graduates are accepted and registered as members of the medical Assistant Board, Malaysia, according to Akta 180 Pembantu Perubatan (pendaftaran) 1977. They are legally certified as Medical Assistants and are allowed to practice with the issuance of Annual Practice Certificates by the Medical Assistant Board, Ministry of Health of Malaysia.
- The Diploma in Medical Assistant Program is accredited by the Malaysian Qualities Agency and certified in accordance with examination guidelines of the Medical Assistant Board, Malaysia.
- All semester examinations are verified by the Medical Assistant Board, Malaysia with strict guidelines on eligibility to sit for examinations.
- The students will undergo an extensive practical clinical placement at reputable government and private hospitals.
- Government hospitals: – Kajang Hospital,Tanjung karang Hospital and Putrajaya Hospital.
- Private Hospitals: – Ramsay Sime Darby Ara Damansara Hospital and Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital.
- The lectures, tutorials and clinical practices are delivered by highly qualified lecturers with excellence academic qualifications cum vast clinical experience and guest lecturers who are currently practicing in the healthcare industries plus contemporary practices.
- Our graduates are able to secure high employment rate locally and abroad.
The awarded Diploma in Medical Assistant is recognised by the Medical Assistant Board and Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
|-Anatomy & Physiology 1||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Nursing Science 1|
|-Microbiology & Parasitology|
|-Anatomy & Physiology 2||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Anatomy & Physiology 2|
|-Nursing Science 2|
|-Community Health 1|
|-Emergency medicine 1|
|Pharmacology 2||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Emergency medicine 2|
|-Community health 2|
|-Surgery 2||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|-Community health 3|
|-Surgery Discipline (Clinical)|
|-Medicine Discipline (Clinical)|
|-Paediatric Discipline (Clinical)|
|Psychiatric Discipline (Clinical)||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|Orthopaedic Discipline (Clinical)|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology (Clinical)|
|Commuity Health MCH/School Health (Clinical)|
|Emergency & Trauma 1 (Clinical)|
|Emergency Medicine 2 (Clinical)||Revision||Examination||Semester Break|
|Community Health OPD (Clinical)|
|Community Health Environment/ CDC (Clinical)|
|Operation Theatre (Clinical)|
|Environment Safety & Health|
|Occupational Safety & Health|
|Health Care Administration|
|Master in Education or other health related fields|
|Doctorate in specialised health related fields|
For more details about this course
Call/WhatsApp: +6019 216 6956 (Ray)
|Public/ private Hospitals|
|Administrative Medical Assistant|
|Pre Hospital Care & Ambulance|
|Sales Representative (Medical)|
|Specialised Medical Assistant|